Sq. Feet: 12,000 SF
Year completed: 2007
This building was originally built in the early 1900’s and was previously used as a mortuary and furniture store. After being abandoned for several years, the new owner completed a total building renovation utilizing available tax-credits from the federal government. The exterior was washed, the masonry re-pointed and new upper level windows, matching the original design, were installed to maintain the integrity of the building envelope. New heating and air conditioning systems were installed behind the roof parapet to be concealed and have no visual impact on the site. A new side entry was designed to create an accessible entrance to all floors of the building via a 5-stop 2-sided elevator which accommodated front and rear access to staggered floor levels. The façade design, including reconstruction of the street-level windows and awnings, was developed using mid-20th century photographs found inside the building.